Vancouver Stretch Ceiling and LED Concrete Ceiling Lighting Services
Popcorn Ceiling Replacement in Vancouver
Do you live in Vancouver, BC, and are you looking for a way to get rid of the popcorn ceiling in your home? Or maybe you're trying to solve another ceiling problem, such as leveling, or lack of overhead lighting in your condo?
The two most popular ways to get rid of popcorn ceilings have been scraping the ceiling or covering it with drywall. There are issues and limitations to both of these methods. Scraping popcorn ceilings containing asbestos can cause deadly cancer and cost tens of thousands of dollars. Covering textured concrete ceilings with drywall requires additional framing, is labor intensive, and expensive. Both methods require plastering, sanding, and painting.
Don't worry about expensive asbestos popcorn ceiling removal, scraping popcorn ceiling, or covering the textured ceiling with drywall. There is a third, unique method for dealing with a popcorn ceiling. It allows you to have a level, smooth ceiling finish, safely encapsulates old popcorn, and utilizes many modern LED lighting options beautifully and cost-effectively.
A stretch ceiling system is a modern way to upgrade your old ceiling and get the most out of your renovation.
If you are still considering a contractor who can scrape your ceiling or cover it with drywall, ask them what warranty they offer against cracking, or peeling, or future aging of their finished product – your new ceiling.
Is a painting contractor going to offer you a 15-year warranty or at least 5 years on the ceiling they have just plastered and painted?
After all, you are investing in your property, so you are looking for the best value… When you choose Awake ceiling systems installed by an authorized installer, your investment is instantly covered by a Lifetime Warranty.
Installation of Awake stretch ceilings is a clean process, which takes on average, half the time of traditional methods.
Awake Stretch Ceiling Installation Process
- Install perimeter track (mount to the wall or ceiling surface).
- Install new LED lights, lower all ceiling fixtures to the level of the perimeter track.
- Install ceiling fabric of your choice: Premier, Studio or Lucid Canvas. Chose White, Beige, a custom color, or a digitally printed graphic design.
- Install LED light trim, pendant lights, ceiling fans, smoke detectors, and alarms, etc.
- Clean up and walk-thru.
- The Lifetime Warranty is registered on the ceiling.
Typical Popcorn Ceiling Removal Process
- Move as much furniture out as possible. Cover all walls and floors with plastic.
- Wrap all ceiling fixtures such as ceiling fans, vents, smoke alarms with plastic and masking tape or remove them as required (additional charges may apply).
- Cover all furniture and accessories with plastic and masking tape.
- Spray down the popcorn ceiling with water; let moisture penetrate the texture.
- Repeat the spray process as many times as needed for the popcorn paint to soften up and be ready to scrape down.
- Wear protective gear and scrape the popcorn ceiling by hand with a spatula.
- After the popcorn ceiling has been scraped down and dried, sand the entire ceiling surface.
- After sanding, wipe the ceiling with rags or towels to remove dust from the surface.
- Prep the ceiling for the skim-coat: repair ceiling damage such as cracks.
- Skim-coat the entire ceiling area (apply a thin layer of plaster + drywall compound).
- Let the skim coat cure for approximately 24 hours. Drying times vary greatly depending on humidity and temperature.
- Sand the entire skim coat again and wipe the ceiling down.
- Apply water-based primer to the ceiling surface.
- Apply one coat of paint to the ceiling.
- Remove all plastic and masking tape. Clean up and remove all debris from the property.
- After the ceilings are complete and debris cleaned up, walk-thru with the homeowner.
Unlike Angie’s List and Home Advisor, Popcorn Ceiling Solution does more than just refer you to a local business. Our network of contractors are our own trusted partners, who are trained and are highly experienced installers of stretch ceiling systems.
Our experienced installers of stretch ceilings bring years of experience and innovation to the building industry in Canada. Their service offerings include installation of proprietary LED recessed concrete ceiling lighting, a system of low-profile LED fixtures, transformers and dimmers, which integrate perfectly with our Awake Stretch Ceiling Systems.
To go over our Vancouver ceiling services and LED concrete ceiling lighting in greater detail, please give us a call at (201) 691-7271 for an over-the-phone consultation and a free quote!